Tuesday, April 3, 2012

In the Making



In September of 2010,  my mom had visited our local Hope Chest. 
For those of you who don't have any in your area, it is a Hospice consignment store. 
Anyways, she called me at work to tell me that she had found a dining table for me that she thought was along the lines of what I have been looking for. 
But we will definitely be painting it white. 
Here are some of the pictures that she sent me.


 




She said that they were selling table and 5 for $199. 
She talked the lady into $139! 
One of the chairs is broken so I may be replacing that one but that is ok with me. 
Now to get it painted and reupholstered.


I was unable to get anything painted that winter on account of how cold it got in the shed where I was to paint these pieces. So it was almost a year before anything including primer was slapped on this set. 













Took me a couple months to get it finished because of the odd weather and the harvesting season aka dust season. By then I had to give myself a deadline and decided to host a friends bridal shower at my house so they were painted and in the house by September last year. 


Updates and more pictures to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Clever Girls