Sunday, April 29, 2012

Do You Ever...

Listen to a speaker and feel like God is trying to tell you something? I stayed home today and listened to our church's Listen Live section of the sermon today. The pastor is doing a series on:



Standing near his cross were Jesus’ mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary
Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother and the follower he loved standing nearby, he said to
his mother, “Dear woman, here is your son.” Then he said to the follower, “Here is your mother.”
From that time on, the follower took her to live in his home. John 19:25-27 (NLT)

It is amazing that in such a little part of the bible that there is so much meaning in what Jesus was doing through His pain. Through everything that is going on at the time of His death the Pain and anguish He is experiencing He makes sure to show us that we need to take care of our own families as well as treat other believers as family.  What was hard to swallow for me was that He is also setting an example that I need to see other peoples pain, even when I am in pain. Jesus sees His mothers and best friend John's pain even through the excruciating pain that he is experiencing at that very moment.  
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. John 16:33 (NLT) I am currently still dealing with being unemployed but if I stop "navel gazing" as Rick puts it. I will be able to see others have deeper and more painful problems. We will experience trials and sorrows, But God has Conquered the World! I definitely need to look around and refocus. Also I learned that I need to Meet others needs even when mine are not met. That is Huge for me. I feel like so much is going on in my life and need are not met, but I am not called to worry about things, I am suppose to give it all to God and focus on helping others. I am writing prayers lately out on my bathroom mirror so that I can be reminded and so that they are real not something I pretend to do. I know that this little phrase of "Is there something I can do to meet someone else's needs today?" will be added to my mirror.
 What about you? Ask God what is He doing and how can you be apart of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clever Girls