Saturday, July 12, 2014

ever have those days?

Where God decides to speak directly to your heart? Today I was reading John 10. All of it and at first I think that I was looking to just read and get done with it. But God definitely decided to meet me where I was outside on our back patio.
When you break it down into SOAP, it helps you dig deeper. Scripture-either the verse or a summary; Observation-what do you see? What stands out?; Application-attach to your life; Prayer-turn it into a conversation with Him.
So here I am going to be very transparent with you all and walk you through my SOAP.

S: John 10:18 "No one can take my life from me. I lay down my life voluntarily. For I have the right to lay it down when I want to and also the power to take it again." SACRIFICE what really stood out to me out of this whole chapter which I find weird but that's what makes it even more apparent that it is from God.
O:Jesus chose to give His life up in sacrifice for us. Voluntarily and because He wanted to. I understand, but then I don't at the same time. I think I would give my life in exchange or sacrifice for my husband and kids. But then I think it would definitely be much easier to say for sure that I would be coming back to life in 3 days.
A:I don't have to be a martyr per say, but I am learning that as a wife and mother, sacrifice is apart of serving them daily. And that is something that I am called to do. I need to make the conscious decision and want to, to be present and openly available to them. Sometimes ME time is not as important.
P:God help me to spend more time listening to you, what you want me to do and how you want me to silently (sometimes loudly) support my family. Also where I need to humbly sacrifice my needs and wants for my family. I also need to be more submissive and less "know it all" with my husband. The independence has been really hard to let go of. Help me with this.
First step is wanting to!

Thank you for allowing me to be transparent and broken before you all.

I am doing the Meeting at the Milking Stool, that Amber Thomas from mrthomasandme is facilitating on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clever Girls