Saturday, June 4, 2011

SO Excited!



 OK, so I am starting this blog a month before my 29th birthday, so its a little over a year before my 30th but better to start while I'm motivated.  A lot has changed in the last couple months to bring me here but thought it would be nice to document this year, maybe even longer we will see. So like I said a lot has changed in the last year. I was working for a furniture store for the last 3 years and was surprisingly laid off a couple months ago. God has a bigger plan, trying to learn to listen and trust Him, which is easier said than done. Right after the lay off I got certified to teach Zumba. The certification was planned as additional income, to teach on the side. It now had become my source of income. Definitely not paying the mortgage and all the other bills but  I have been blessed to have other opportunities to supplement this income. Still looking for a great job with benefits but alas nothing yet.
Zumba has been a great outlet and I am meeting great people everyday! I have an amazing network of instructors that are local and we love taking each others classes. Support!
I also have a degree in interior design and so you will see design related blogs throughout. I bought my first house 2 years ago next month and I am having a blast making it my own. I love finding pieces of furniture that have a story and look accumulated over time, my friends say my house feels like I have lived here a lot longer than 2 years. I enjoy adding character pieces and changing things around. My new favorite piece is my record player that really has no home but it is in my living room nevertheless.
Looking forward to this journey and taking you with me, hope you come along for the ride.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clever Girls